The taxonomy includes the following 7 categories:
1) renewable energy (wind, solar, geothermal, hydro, bioenergy, supply chain and supporting infrastructure for renewable energy sources, hydrogen production);
2) energy efficiency (improving energy efficiency at existing and under construction industrial facilities, increasing energy efficiency in public sector and public utilities, energy efficient buildings and structures);
3) green buildings (green buildings, related systems and building materials, green infrastructure);
4) pollution prevention and control (air quality, soil);
5) sustainable use of water and waste (sustainable use of water and water saving, waste and waste water, conservation and restoration of resources);
6) sustainable agriculture, land use, forestry, biodiversity conservation and ecological tourism;
7) clean transport (clean transport, low-carbon vehicles, clean transport infrastructure, clean transport information and communication technologies).